Just updated my software on galaxy s5 and now saying sd card "not enough space"

Christine_34

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016
Updated the software on 8th august 2016 on my samsung galaxy s5. Only had ph. For a month. Since update it keeps saying "not enough storage space" when I try to move files to the sd card. I have tried different cards incase it was the sd card and done all the relevant things like formatting etc. It is a 64G sd card. Can someone please help!

Solution
Well, it probably isn't the card. Unless you have a serious amount of stuff on it. That phone should have 32 GB of internal storage, and take a card up to 128 GB in size.

That said, if you are running anything below "Marshmallow" you wouldn't be able to move the apps to the card. You need at least "Marshmallow" to allow the card to be set to "Internal" rather than "External", which is needed to run most apps from the card.

You could try moving all your videos, photos, music, etc., over to the card, from the phone, which should free up a lot of space. Some of those items can be space hogs more than some apps.

Now if you are running "Marshmallow" then you can try and change the SD cards status, however you would need to start with a...
Well, it probably isn't the card. Unless you have a serious amount of stuff on it. That phone should have 32 GB of internal storage, and take a card up to 128 GB in size.

That said, if you are running anything below "Marshmallow" you wouldn't be able to move the apps to the card. You need at least "Marshmallow" to allow the card to be set to "Internal" rather than "External", which is needed to run most apps from the card.

You could try moving all your videos, photos, music, etc., over to the card, from the phone, which should free up a lot of space. Some of those items can be space hogs more than some apps.

Now if you are running "Marshmallow" then you can try and change the SD cards status, however you would need to start with a 'blank' card, as the process wipes the card when it formats and encodes it.

Solution