Justin Bieber Gets His Facebook Account Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agges

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
So in future society you will have to change your name if some other person becomes famous under the same name.... Neat!

maziar321

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Can someone explain why this is significant enough that it is a news article on Tom's HARDWARE. To be honest, I really don't care...

Marcus Yam

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]maziar321[/nom]Can someone explain why this is significant enough that it is a news article on Tom's HARDWARE. To be honest, I really don't care...[/citation]
Sorry about that, it must have been a misfiling. Next time I'll be sure to put it under the Web Life section of Tom's Guide. Oh, wait...

maziar321

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]Marcus Yam[/nom]Sorry about that, it must have been a misfiling. Next time I'll be sure to put it under the Web Life section of Tom's Guide. Oh, wait...[/citation]
[citation][nom]Marcus Yam[/nom]Sorry about that, it must have been a misfiling. Next time I'll be sure to put it under the Web Life section of Tom's Guide. Oh, wait...[/citation]

The reason I said that was because this article means absolutely nothing. Alright, he got his account back, and? Why does that matter... At least the original article showed how bad the Justin Bieber situation was. But this article is pointless...

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007

Yes, but bear in mind Marcus that the front page news headlines for tomshardware.co.uk is fed from all areas of Toms US, so no such differentiation exists over here.

[citation][nom]maziar321[/nom]Can someone explain why this is significant enough that it is a news article on Tom's HARDWARE. To be honest, I really don't care...[/citation]

Then don't click the link and stop whining - I don't see a gun to your head forcing you to read the damn article.

G

wow. what a big news. at least this would save facebok a couple million for advertising, nice try facebook

jojesa

Distinguished
[citation][nom]cj_online[/nom]^True eh? Like srsly? Which kinda of sane techie, in his mind, would give two sh*ts about poor old bieber boy?or should I say 51 yr old o_O....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc3jMoFJrBQ[/citation]
Wow...that's sick... :)

maziar321

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]LePhuronn[/nom]Then don't click the link and stop whining - I don't see a gun to your head forcing you to read the damn article.[/citation]

Just because you cant see the gun, doesn't mean its not there...

rbarone69

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Actually this has much to do with tech. How a person's name conflicts with celebs online for a popular website and is it legal to discriminate?

Check out this guy's website! It's his name but the corp sued him so he couldnt put his website up!
http://www.nissan.com/

The underlying problem is that precedence isnt set for new technology because the system moves too slow. Seems to be a problem worth discussing to me :)

Also this is posted on "Toms GUIDE Web Life, TECH FOR REAL LIFE" sounds appropriate to me!

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
[citation][nom]maziar321[/nom]The reason I said that was because this article means absolutely nothing. Alright, he got his account back, and? Why does that matter... At least the original article showed how bad the Justin Bieber situation was. But this article is pointless...[/citation]

So, you're not aware of the concept of "follow-up article" then?

[citation][nom]maziar321[/nom]Just because you cant see the gun, doesn't mean its not there...[/citation]

Just because contemporary society lends itself to warranted paranoia, doesn't mean you should avoid medication. I strongly recommend it.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009

Welcome to the real world, people riot over sports games and celeb junkies go nuts about the latest scandal. While the real news is only regarded as mere conspiracy theory.

lukeiamyourfather

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2006
Is anyone else thinking Office Space?

Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ghee-na-na-jar. Nagheenanajar.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well, at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.
Samir: You know, there's nothing wrong with that name.
Michael Bolton: There *was* nothing wrong with it... until I was about twelve years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.
Samir: Hmm... well, why don't you just go by Mike instead of Michael?
Michael Bolton: No way! Why should I change? He's the one who sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.