SkynzorsVariety

Commendable
May 17, 2016
Hi folks,

I've been looking for nearly a month now for a proper answer.
I want to connect my JVC GZ-R315 to my computer.

I use Bandicam to record my studio microphone and my video footage.
Now I know bandicam has an option to use a webcam together with audio and video footage.

This saves me a lot of sync-up time in Sony Vegas down the road.

The JVC GZ-R315 has mini HDMI in or out, USB and A/V.
If I plug it in USB it tells me which device I want to connect it to:

PC or Other

I select PC.

Then the only two options are Playback on PC (which will open Everio 4) and Backup (which allows me to transfer from the camcorder to PC, manually).

So connecting through USB doesn't seem to give me the option in Bandicam or even Skype to use it as a webcam.

Is there a way to make this happen? Do I need a capture card? Or a TV-Card? I seriously am completely in the dark here. Any help would be much appreciated! :pt1cable:

Solution
Your camera doesn't support streaming, and likely doesn't support clean HDMI either, so a capture card is also out of the question. If you want a webcam, get a real webcam like the Logitech 930 or a high end Microsoft one. If you absolutely need something that can be used with or without a computer, you'll need a different camera.
Your camera doesn't support streaming, and likely doesn't support clean HDMI either, so a capture card is also out of the question. If you want a webcam, get a real webcam like the Logitech 930 or a high end Microsoft one. If you absolutely need something that can be used with or without a computer, you'll need a different camera.

Solution