k7s5a and overclocking

G

i have an unlocked Tburd 1.2Ghz running very smooth and stable on a k7s5a.

I know that k7s5a has almost no goodies to do a good overclock
but if i unlock my t-bird. will the mobo allow me to alter the multiplier?

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
No.
You can only change the FSB via Overclocking Software/Program or an Unnofficial overclocking BIOS.

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!

o1die

Distinguished
May 16, 2001
Your multiplier can be changed using the pencil trick on the L6 and L7 bridges. But this is a real hit or miss proposition. Your default multiplier setting is 9. This means that the first and second bridge of the L6 bridge are closed. The only multiplier setting that you have a chance of using is 11.0, which means that you have to close the third and fourth bridges of the L6. First you will have to up the voltage by closing the third bridge of the L7 bridges. This will raise your voltage from 1.75 to 1.85. Does your heatsink support the extra heat that this will generate? If not, I would not proceed. I would also not try this if your heatsink clip is as difficult to unlock as mine. You could damage the socket tab or cpu core. So the choice is yours. Unless you are experienced, frankly, I would leave it alone.