Kaspersky interfering with internet

ericcris10sen

Distinguished
May 30, 2011
Well, again, I have another question, it seems my problems have been popping up recently and I can't seem to get everything under control anymore.

So, randomly, my Kaspersky Anti-virus seems to be blocking any and all websites I try to view. The tiny picture that shows the emblem for the web address in the URL box, shows a black page, for all sites. The only thing that allows me to go and surf the web, is I must disable the entire system and applications protection, in Kaspersky (i have internet protection also disabled, as it may interfere too, but I don't remember if it did). Then it will work. I checked the settings to see if it somehow changed, and nope, everything seems to be in the correct place. I don't want it disabled for security reasons, but I don't know what to do. I have searched the web to try finding solutions, and so far I haven't seen anyone with one.

Ricochet_16

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
I tried to install Kaspersky from the disk that was given to me when I bought a new computer and it also gave me problems after the install. My solution was to uninstall it and install Avira Antivir Personal, which has a good rating and does not conflict with Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Defender. That might not be the answer you are looking for but, if you have problems with the Kaspersky install, you might want to consider another antivirus solution.

ricochet_16

aford10

Distinguished
Agreed. I would remove Kaspersky. You may also want to scan for malware while you're at it. There is a helpful guide in my signature.

Once you know your system is clean, install Microsoft Security Essentials, or Avast (you don't need, or want, both).

Ricochet_16

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
I agree that Microsoft Security Essentials is a great program. If the person who had a problem with Kaspersky still insists on running that program, there is one tool that might help, by removing all remnants of uninstalled antivirus programs.

After uninstalling Kaspersky, using Revo Uninstaller, run this tool:

http://www.appremover.com/

He could also run CCleaner, then reboot and try installing Kaspersky again. If he still has the same problems, then he should take the previous advice and use another antivirus program such as MSE, Avast, Avira Antivir, or AVG. Depending on whatever else is installed on his computer, one of those programs may be more compatible with his system than Kaspersky.

ricochet_16