Kaspersky versus ESET

TomCorona

Estimable
Feb 8, 2015
I've had great success with Kaspersky. I'm wondering if there's anything better at present. Ph.,and please don't suggest Norton's. I despise them. What's the maximum lockdown application? Kaspersky seems pretty tough to beat in my opinion.How about yours?

Thanks,
Tommy

Solution
try AVG antivirus, even the free edition is pretty good, it also has some good privacy utils. I use a combination of AVG for overall protection, then malwarebytes and spybot s&d scan weekly to catch what avg doesnt. Also run avg's rootkit remover once a month. Do avoid microsoft security, i used to use it, then installed avg after reading some reviews and it found a bunch of stuff that it didnt detect. you can have all the protection you need for free. If you go to dodgy sites and click on the wrong links you will end up with viruses and malware regardless of what your running. If its for a business, avg paid version is good, kaspersky is ok, but you never know what it doesnt get until you try something else. I would take the challenge...

iam2thecrowe

Distinguished
try AVG antivirus, even the free edition is pretty good, it also has some good privacy utils. I use a combination of AVG for overall protection, then malwarebytes and spybot s&d scan weekly to catch what avg doesnt. Also run avg's rootkit remover once a month. Do avoid microsoft security, i used to use it, then installed avg after reading some reviews and it found a bunch of stuff that it didnt detect. you can have all the protection you need for free. If you go to dodgy sites and click on the wrong links you will end up with viruses and malware regardless of what your running. If its for a business, avg paid version is good, kaspersky is ok, but you never know what it doesnt get until you try something else. I would take the challenge to run avg, malwarebytes, and spybot s&d on any computer you use kaspersky on, and see what they find that it doesnt.

Cheers.

Solution