Key switcharoo on my MoKo keyboard (mated to a Pixel C).

cherft

Prominent
Sep 10, 2017
@ and " are interchanged. Also shift-3 = £ rather than the hash. Shift-Backslash = ~
I have tried both UK english and US english.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks and regards
Chris

MERGED QUESTION
Question from cherft : "Key switcharoo on my MoKo keyboard (mated to a Pixel C)."

cherft

Prominent
Sep 10, 2017

Thanks for replying.
What I am trying to do is to resolve these incorrect keys. I noticed I was on something called "Indic". so I changed to US English but the problem did not go away. Then I changed to UK English keyboard but the wrong key problem stayed the same.
I hope this gives you the info you need.
Thanks again.
Chris

cherft

Prominent
Sep 10, 2017

again, yes, as I nearly said " I noticed I was on something called "Indic"KEYBOARD, so I DOWNLOADED AND changed to US English KEYBOARD but the problem did not go away. Then I DOWNLOADED AND changed to UK English keyboard but the wrong key problem stayed the same."
Apologies for not being clear.
Look forward to your intel on this matter.

Well, indic keyboard is an app. Not a system required one nor necessary for the device to run. The downloads I was talkinga bout are are not a separate app like that is. I was referring to just additional keyboards you can download and install via the devices settings.

You may want to try then uninstalling that app and then restart the device and see if this resolves it.

cherft

Prominent
Sep 10, 2017

Thanks, but I don't have the words to get you to understand my problem. I guess I'm just a
Tech dunce.
Goodbye.

I understood what you were saying. The keyboard isn't allowing you to type correctly. However that 'indic keyboard' isn't anything that has to stay on the device. It is an app and not the standard keyboard for the device. If you go into your "Settings" then "Apps" and either "Downloaded" or "All" you should be able to locate it and then tap it and there will be an uninstall button so you can uninstall it. Then, once done, restart the device.

Now if it is the app alone (and not for the whole device) that the problem is occurring, then you need to contact the apps makers and see if there is a fix you can get or they can create a fix for it.

cherft

Prominent
Sep 10, 2017

PROBLEM SOLVED
I threw the keyboard into the bin. The problem has disappeared.
WooHoo.