Keyboard backlight turning itself on and off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus OnkliDonk

Estimable
Sep 28, 2014
Hello there
I have a peculiar problem with my ASUS 500V.
(Not the 500VZ - I have the one without touchscreen)

The keyboard backlight keeps turning itself on and off again. Using the funktion keys to dimm and turn the backlight on and off does work, but gets over-ridden by the error of auto on/off thing.
There is no difference in if I leave the light on or off. The fault returns but not regularly either. It can be hours between when it appears or seconds. About a year ago I had the laptop in peaces to fix a connection error with the on/of button and fixed it. The problem with the backlight came 1/2 year later so I do not think it is related - but I do not rule this out.

I have searched a long time for someone with the same problem without result.
I wanted to air this problem before I open the laptop and look for the problem under the hood.
Also I see myself as pretty capable with computers in general but will be happy with any suggestions from you guys.

What I have done:
-drivers - chipset, BIOS and general ASUS drivers for the computer are up to date.
-win update is up to date
-grown gray hair

Thanx
Magnus

Solution
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Do start by uninstalling/reinstalling the keyboard driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard driver then reboot your laptop.
- Observe after the reboot and see if the same problem will persist.
- If that doesn't work, do try installing this ATK driver for your keyboard
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/ATKPackage/ATKPackage_Win7_32_Z100022.zip
- Once installed, reboot your laptop then observe again.
- If all these will not work that means it's a hardware problem and replacing the keyboard will be the last resort.
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Do start by uninstalling/reinstalling the keyboard driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard driver then reboot your laptop.
- Observe after the reboot and see if the same problem will persist.
- If that doesn't work, do try installing this ATK driver for your keyboard
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/ATKPackage/ATKPackage_Win7_32_Z100022.zip
- Once installed, reboot your laptop then observe again.
- If all these will not work that means it's a hardware problem and replacing the keyboard will be the last resort.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.