Question keyboard issue

May 28, 2021
whenever i press tab it would type out the whole qwerty row like this "ioprtuy[eqw"
is there a way to solve this issue.

Sep 19, 2021
Could be that your keyboard hardware is damaged via time, spilling a drink on it, but I had the same thing happen to mine. It got worse and despite getting a Bluetooth keyboard it would keep hitting ==== or other keys continuously. The forum here had me go to Device manager and uninstall but after restart it would be back. Found you cannot uninstall the factory keyboard. So I updated the driver, manually, and selected a driver from another manufacturer. This stopped my keyboard from working and the $30 Bluetooth keyboard works great.

Hopefully someone knows this to be a software glitch with an easy fix. But again my laptops sue was hardware but despite getting a Bluetooth device i couldn’t find any other way to disable the factory keyboard.

mrmike16

Honorable
Could be that your keyboard hardware is damaged via time, spilling a drink on it, but I had the same thing happen to mine. It got worse and despite getting a Bluetooth keyboard it would keep hitting ==== or other keys continuously. The forum here had me go to Device manager and uninstall but after restart it would be back. Found you cannot uninstall the factory keyboard. So I updated the driver, manually, and selected a driver from another manufacturer. This stopped my keyboard from working and the $30 Bluetooth keyboard works great.

Hopefully someone knows this to be a software glitch with an easy fix. But again my laptops sue was hardware but despite getting a Bluetooth device i couldn’t find any other way to disable the factory keyboard.
If that's the issue, and if you don't want to replace the keyboard, you can unplug the keyboard ribbon from the laptop physically.