My laptop had a problem starting, so i took out the SSHD for a while, when i put it back some keys on the keyboard were not working, funny thing is the keys that do not work change everytime i switch it on
I would suggest checking the connection of the keyboard ribbon cable to the motherboard. If the same problem will persist I would also suggest this troubleshooting steps.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If the keyboard will still not work, proceed with uninstalling/reinstalling the keyboard driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard driver, reboot the laptop once uninstalled and it should reinstall the driver automatically upon reboot.
- If this will still not work, connect an external USB keyboard and test if it will work or not.
- If the external keyboard will work just fine that could mean that the problem is the built in keyboard.
- I would suggest opening the laptop and check the ribbon cable that connects the keyboard to the motherboard.
- Unplug the ribbon cable then plug it back in and test it again.
- If all these will not work then last option would be to replace the keyboard.
- Before considering on replacing the keyboard please do try to reinstall Windows first.