keyboard on laptop is malfunctioning

Donald_72

Prominent
May 31, 2017
i have a toshiba satellite that was givin to me. i have done factory reset and all upgrades i believe.so some of the keys such as o and e will open other windows when i am typing.the keyboard works fine until i go into windows 7 .i used an external and that also worked fine.i think that im having a hardware issue.any ideas ?

NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Donald_72

Prominent
May 31, 2017
yeah i have tried all the above. when i type in my password the same keys that are messing up in windows work fine. they also work fine if i hold down the shift button. i have uninstalled the synaptics and my touch pad is working fine still

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Donald_72 : "toshiba laptop keyboard"