Keyboard pressing multiple keys.

GreysonRoss

Estimable
Dec 11, 2015
After my mother cleaned my laptop with rubbing alcohol and cotton balls, and also pressing on multiple keys while it was still active, the keys started to create different dialogues.

For example, if I press the "r" key it is displayed as "5r", etc.

I've reset my comp, shut down, and even went through my sticky key settings to no avail. I know I don't have a virus on it or anything like that. Please help!

Solution
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that I've suggested to others that have worked with them, might help you as well. :)

- Check keyboard language settings.
- Open Control Panel and look for Region and Language.
- Check all tabs if they are all set to United States.
- If that doesn't work, try pressing those following keys which are not working using your onscreen keyboard (Ease of Access look for Onscreen keyboard)
- Connect an external keyboard and see if the same problem will persist because if does you may need to consider on doing a complete Factory Reset cause it's a problem with your operating system.
- If all these will not work I would suggest replacing the keyboard itself.
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that I've suggested to others that have worked with them, might help you as well. :)

- Check keyboard language settings.
- Open Control Panel and look for Region and Language.
- Check all tabs if they are all set to United States.
- If that doesn't work, try pressing those following keys which are not working using your onscreen keyboard (Ease of Access look for Onscreen keyboard)
- Connect an external keyboard and see if the same problem will persist because if does you may need to consider on doing a complete Factory Reset cause it's a problem with your operating system.
- If all these will not work I would suggest replacing the keyboard itself.

Solution