Keyboard problems With Toshiba Laptop

Helen Mudd

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016
Typed letters jump to another word or sentence. Whole sentences disappear. Mozilla made changes to my email lately. Did they cause this? Toshiba laptop 2+ years old. This post just jumped to Google!

Hi,

Does it happen while using your laptop on Microsoft Word or Notepad? Do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by running a virus/malware scan. Please use the link below for the complete guide and tools.
- http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-1691891/removing-malware-proven-completely-remove-bitcoin-mining-malware.html
- Once done do test it again and see if the same problem will happen in Mozilla and Google Chrome, do also test your keyboard using Microsoft Word or Notepad and see if the same thing will happen.
- If the same issue will happen using Word and Notepad proceed with these other troubleshooting steps.
- First is to go to Device Manager and uninstall the Keyboard driver.
- Once done reboot your PC and it should reinstall the keyboard driver automatically.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- Next is to try a USB keyboard and see if those keys which is not working will work.
- If those keys works on an external USB keyboard and on the onscreen keyboard your last bet would be to reinstall Windows.
- If reinstalling Windows will not work, unfortunately the only solution would be to replace the keyboard.

Helen Mudd

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016
The same thing happens on Word. I'm 87 and even after 20 years, I'm still a novice. My family will help this weekend...I hope ! My son is a 28 yr veteran computer programmer but works out of town. I forwarded your answer to him for a consultation. Thank you so much for answering and helping me !!! I'll keep you
posted.yped as you
can see this is a mess.Here is a sample of what happens when I t

Most cases of cursor jumping around are caused by touching the touchpad accidentally. Make sure it's not hit with palm or fingers. Any changes in web sites or other programs not having to do with the laptop would not cause this. Plug in an external keyboard and mouse and see if issue stops.

Helen Mudd

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016

Helen Mudd

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016

Helen Mudd

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016
Thank you so much for your knowledge and suggestions. It's fixed !! My granddaughter followed your suggestions and used her own vast knowledge and used her avast and it found a virus.