Keyboard sound controls stopped working.

LAWLIB

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
Keyboard sound controls no longer working on Toshiba Satellite C-55 Series running Windows 10. How to correct?

Solution

So the keyboard works, and the sound controls don't, from what I understand. So I disagree that an external keyboard would help troubleshooting in this case.

But I do agree with trying to re-install your drivers. I would provide them for you, but you would need to tell us the actual model of your computer. C55 Series is a series, which means there are many different C55s...For example, it could be a Toshiba Satellite C55-A5245.

If you want to find them yourself, it should be located on support.toshiba.com .

Another suggestion would be to check Windows Update. Unexpectedly, it could have some driver update for the...
Try this...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

mrmike16

Honorable

So the keyboard works, and the sound controls don't, from what I understand. So I disagree that an external keyboard would help troubleshooting in this case.

But I do agree with trying to re-install your drivers. I would provide them for you, but you would need to tell us the actual model of your computer. C55 Series is a series, which means there are many different C55s...For example, it could be a Toshiba Satellite C55-A5245.

If you want to find them yourself, it should be located on support.toshiba.com .

Another suggestion would be to check Windows Update. Unexpectedly, it could have some driver update for the mouse and keyboard.

And the simplest solution- a Restart. Some people never turn off their computers completely, so...worth mentioning.

Good luck!

Solution