Keyboard Sticking at Login

IisGamer

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
Hello all! A strange issue has arisen on my friend's laptop. Whenever she logs in, her keyboard essentially sticks, not allowing her to type. At the lock screen she can type her password but right after login, she can't type. She can solve this temporarily by turning on and off sticky keys but after a reboot, it happens again. Any help is appreciated! Cheers,
IisGamer

Solution
What do you mean by sticking? It keeps outputting the same key, or it doesn't output anything at all?

Either way, we could just try troubleshooting basics. If possible, try to get an external keyboard and see if that works properly. That would tell us if it's a hardware or software issue. I would also consider checking the OS's keyboard settings, to make sure it is properly configured and not set to something that could cause issues.

Epsilon_0EVP

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
What do you mean by sticking? It keeps outputting the same key, or it doesn't output anything at all?

Either way, we could just try troubleshooting basics. If possible, try to get an external keyboard and see if that works properly. That would tell us if it's a hardware or software issue. I would also consider checking the OS's keyboard settings, to make sure it is properly configured and not set to something that could cause issues.

Solution

IisGamer

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016

It doesnt output anything at all. I will have her try that method. I will let you know