Keyboard supreme, ThinkPad X1 Carbon or ThinkPad 13?

IBMTypist808

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
I describe myself as a die hard typist. I even splurged on a 1988 IBM Model M keyboard. Which brings me to my conundrum: how to purchase a laptop with a great keyboard. I'am having a difficult time deciding between Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Carbon or ThinkPad 13 (even without a backlit keyboard).

Based on the feel of the keyboard, which would you recommend?

Solution
I think it's rather academic because all your normal keyboard instincts are going straight out the window because of the much smaller size of a laptop keyboard.

I probably get my hands on a a dozen laptops every week on average and my normal 60 wpm speed is useless because almost every one I toucjh is different. I'm using a netbook at the moment and that's even smaller than a laptop and that makes matters even worse.

After all that negativity, I can only suggest you find a shop where they let you test a few models.
I think it's rather academic because all your normal keyboard instincts are going straight out the window because of the much smaller size of a laptop keyboard.

I probably get my hands on a a dozen laptops every week on average and my normal 60 wpm speed is useless because almost every one I toucjh is different. I'm using a netbook at the moment and that's even smaller than a laptop and that makes matters even worse.

After all that negativity, I can only suggest you find a shop where they let you test a few models.

Solution