Keyboard types wrong characters ?!

Akry

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015
p = #6=0p]
l = t[9l`
m= gk/md

I tried to fix it with re installing the driver and function buttons as well as language settings.
Nothing worked , whats the problem ?

if it a desktop keyboard the keyboard controller may have failed. on a laptop keyboard it can be a lose or bad keyboard cable or just age and there a broken trace in the keyboard. if this is a laptop use a desktop keyboard see if the error still there if it types fine then google your laptop model and keyboards you should be able to find then online for 20-30. it takes about 10 min to switch a keyboard if it out of warranty if it in warranty rma for repair.

Louise Porkolt

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
Hi there,
Check your language and location settings.
It is possible that your language is arab, japanese or chinese I guess those characters need multiple char's to store 1 of theirs !

Is it also at logon ??? or just in your profile (once logged on) ?
Let us know your country and language !

Let us know,
Cheers, Louise.

herdivet

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015

I'm having a similar problem where @=" . It does not occur when the administrator is logged in, so I deleted the user account and created a new one - the same thing happens with it as well. I don't understand why. With Administrator logged in, the keyboard is seen as a Dell Standard Keyboard, with the user logged in, the device manager lists it as an HID Input Device. Tried updating the driver, it says it finds no updated driver.

Louise Porkolt

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
you could check the keyboard layout in the registry, but be carefull; don't change anything.
let us know what code is in the this regkeys:
\HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\Preload
and
\HKEY_CURRENT_USERS\Keyboard Layout\Preload

The first keyboard layout is when you need to logon (no user is logged on means that the layout is default)
The second is the keyboard layout of the user that is loggen on !

Those codes look like this:
1 REG_SZ 00000813
2 REG_SZ 00000409

Depending on the settings you have these numbers tell what keyboard to use (azerty or qwerty etc...)

there is a list of layouts where to choose from for your location and keyboard here:
http://www-01.ibm.com/software/globalization/topics/keyboards/registry_index.html

Let us know what you have and what you need.
Don't change your REGISTRY unless you are experienced in it !

Cheers, Louise.

Serendipitous2015

Estimable
Mar 16, 2015

Herdivert - I am having the identical problem ie @=" and vice versa - I gave up trying to fix and got used to it now but it flummoxes every visitor who try to use my keyboard. However, compounding that I now cannot find the back slash. When I type the backlash key I get #. Did you get a solution Herdivert? Can anyone else help?
Jennifer

anon100_

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016
I am having the exact same problem and am still having the same problem to this day. I do not have any letter or number issue on my keyboard; however I have a function, caplock, and tab = s key situation. This is what they look like when I type each of them:

function = y;o
tab =\6=0p]
cap lock = t[9l' (this one also jumps my entire screen like a "page down" action as this is typed...

I have an Asus laptop Core 17 model. There is NO number lock key because the keyboard does not have its only side set of numbers on the right of my key or anything like the sort. my only number locations are at the top row. With that said, doing a Funtion + Number Lock won't work. Please help!