Solved! Keyboard

Nov 23, 2020
Some keys on the keyboard of a laptop are not working and as the switch on button is one of them the laptop turns off or goes to sleep randomly. When the cable of the keyboard is not connected the laptop is working properly.
Can I fix this issue somehow without changing the keyboard?

Solution
When you say:
When the cable of the keyboard is not connected the laptop is working properly.

Do you mean that you have opened the laptop, removed the keyboard cable and have attached an external (usb) keyboard to test this?

If so, you've already done most of the heavy lifting in replacing it.

The only alternative is to replace the keyboard cable (if that's an option) and to make sure the internal circuits of the keyboard are clean. (that's usually not as easy since most keyboards are sealed in such a manner that can easily get damaged if not opened right)

I would personally just replace the keyboard if you're sure that's where the issue lies. fixing the old one can be really hard and time consuming and depending on any...

gsp.gr81

Prominent
Jan 31, 2019
When you say:
When the cable of the keyboard is not connected the laptop is working properly.

Do you mean that you have opened the laptop, removed the keyboard cable and have attached an external (usb) keyboard to test this?

The only alternative is to replace the keyboard cable (if that's an option) and to make sure the internal circuits of the keyboard are clean. (that's usually not as easy since most keyboards are sealed in such a manner that can easily get damaged if not opened right)

I would personally just replace the keyboard if you're sure that's where the issue lies. fixing the old one can be really hard and time consuming and depending on any damage on the circuits, turn into a lost cause.

Last edited:
Solution
Nov 23, 2020
When you say:

I would personally just replace the keyboard if you're sure that's where the issue lies. fixing the old one can be really hard and time consuming and depending on any damage on the circuits, turn into a lost cause.
Yes I have opened up the laptop unplugged the cable, the laptop is working fine, when I’m plugging it back it starts to turn off again.
I will change the keyboard thanks for the advice.