keys are working as shortcut keys

akbareee

Estimable
Nov 21, 2015
hi, I am using acer E1-571 laptop. When I start the system and suppose to enter password, the keys are not working instead they working as shortcut keys. For example 'C' key working as Locking, 'S' working as Shutdown options. How can I resolve my problem. Plz help me....

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these following troubleshooting steps that may help. Start by connecting an external keyboard and see if the same problem will persist if it does there are 2 things you can do before doing a complete factory reset. 1. Try loading the laptop into Safe Mode and see if the same problem will persist. 2. Use the onscreen keyboard and see if it will type normally as it should. And if these 2 troubleshooting steps will not work I would go and do a complete factory reset to resolve the issue.
Hi,

Please do try these following troubleshooting steps that may help. Start by connecting an external keyboard and see if the same problem will persist if it does there are 2 things you can do before doing a complete factory reset. 1. Try loading the laptop into Safe Mode and see if the same problem will persist. 2. Use the onscreen keyboard and see if it will type normally as it should. And if these 2 troubleshooting steps will not work I would go and do a complete factory reset to resolve the issue.

Solution