Kid Shoots Parents Over Halo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
Well I am glad that the kid realizes he was wrong an apologized. But this certainly isn't going to end well for anyone. I wonder if the kid was 17 when he bought the game. If he had been playing it for close to a year it could have breached the rules of the ESRB. Still I hope this doesn't cause a media uproar.

G

lol, great pic to go with the article. ;) Where do u guys find this stuff?

G

This is exactly the reason you need to beat your kids, you gotta start early so they don't get all fucked up later and turns on you. They'll thank you for it when they're adults. I know I am.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
sounds to me this was a problem of religion more then violent video games. trap an animal in the corner away from something it wants, it is going to turn violent. This was a grown person that turned to violence over something that was forbidden. Why was it forbidden? I think this is actually a case for violent video games then against it. This shows that anyone from any walk of life is deprived of something they desire they will seek it out at any cost. In his eyes this was probably the only way out of his parents life. This should be a lesson to all parents everywhere!

G

one f*cked up kid

Its either he has major issues

or the parents gave him / allowed him to aquire these issues

no other choices

Very Sad imo especially when someone dies for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON

taking a game away is absolutely no reason

maybe if you or someone else is in mortal danger... but that wasn't the case

Aoster87

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
This sounds like a case of a child with something wrong in the head paired with bad parenting. If the child doesn't have anything wrong in the head, the shame of killing his mother over pixils will drive him nuts. I don't feel sorry for the child. I can't wait to hear the politicians talk about how awful gaming is, not.

Jazanor

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Blaming video games is just an excuse on the part of the media and the kid. This could just have easily been they took away X favorite object and unruly kid went on rampage.

G

This is situation is created by the parents and their way of bringing up a teenager in a fanatic religions way. Drove him crazy in the end. Simple as that.

LVDAX

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
I love the fact that when the child is a pastors kid they blame everything else except the way the kid was raised. You can only be wound so tight before you break. This is a sad situation but should be a lesson to all.

G

Olle, that was one of the stupidest remarks you could have made.

People like that need to die. No use in wasting money and earthly resources on them.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Sickening. And I find it disturbing that his dad wants him home after he attempted to kill him and killed his mother, cold-blooded, while telling them he had a "surprise" for them.

G

Knowing what little I know about this case, I'd chalk it up to bad parenting. All things in moderation, the dad shouldn't have taken the game away completely. Also, the dad should have tried to be involved with the kid. He should have played Halo with him, then they could have gone a watched the Indians game together. Happy family.

I'm actually looking forward to my son getting to the age where I will allow him to play violent video games, so I can blow his virtual head off! (God I hope I still have the dexterity to do that.)

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
Give me an effing break. How many douches posting here are now blaming religion as the cause of this psychopath. How many Amish kids kill their parents? How many Mormon kids kill their parents? How many Catholic kids kill their parents?

Now let's put this another way. All you worthless turds out there criticizing religion solely because it's Christianity and not Islam, how many of you turds think muslims are terrorists because of islam (because they really and truly are)? I just love how lefty twerps love to criticize the one incident when an abortion clinic got bombed and the one incident where some psycho kid went nuts whereas they turn a complete blind eye to muslim riots in France, 250 people killed in Bombay, 70 killed in London, 250 killed in Madrid, 4000 killed in NY and Washington, etc. etc. etc.

G

The problem was the gun. Why the hell was a 9mm in a family home? This is a great reason to outlaw guns.

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
God forbid that parents set limits and rules for their kids. That's gonna turn them into mass murderers. Deny that kid a Maserati for his birthday - he's gonna go nuts! Deny him his favorite dessert as punishment, oh no, that's grounds for killin'. You can tell that half of these posters are adolescent fools who have no perspective and think their parents su ck cause they set limits. Do us a favor, don't ever have kids if you're going to let them run wild and free. Cause that's exactly what's going on in London and they've got a big problem with street crime at night. Bands of these yobs/teens with knives are running wild intimidating adults and authority figures. What they need is a good old- fashioned @ss handling by the cops.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
While I don't approve guns in the first place, it seems this one was "locked" in the master's bedroom. How the kid managed to get it is another question. Ironicaly, if the game was locked but the gun was elsewhere, even an unlocked area, this situation might have never occured.

On the other hand, if the kid is really f*cked up, it would have happened some other time in some other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.