Kidnapped Kids Found on Facebook 15 Years Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfstev

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
So what if the kids wanted to stay with the father? You just used the daughter for information to get your ex-husband imprissoned and snatch back the kids? At this point you were probably better off leaving them with the father than forcing their removal from what was their home and all their friends. Why would you do that? spite? Was he abusing them or something? If he wasn't, then you just emotionally scarred your daughter into probably never trusting you or anyone else ever again.

yzfr1guy

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
and I thought facebook was only for stalking, privacy invading, horny married people that want to cheat, and wasting time at work... :p

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Poor kids having to be without their mom for all those years! At least the husband is going to jail for what he's done.

daworstplaya

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Wow! Very bitter sweet ... It's almost sounds like she's breaking up the kids family for her own selfish reasons (but we know that isn't the case).

utengineer

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
In a similar story, I was browsing Ebay with my computer(overclocked of course) and found a old concert shirt I lost. Does that make a headlines her too. ;)

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
[citation][nom]bfstev[/nom]So what if the kids wanted to stay with the father? You just used the daughter for information to get your ex-husband imprissoned and snatch back the kids? At this point you were probably better off leaving them with the father than forcing their removal from what was their home and all their friends. Why would you do that? spite? Was he abusing them or something? If he wasn't, then you just emotionally scarred your daughter into probably never trusting you or anyone else ever again.[/citation]

Well said. She should have let go after 15 years -- why scar a family? Move on already.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
What a bad mom. She puts the father in prison, kids uprooted from FL to CA in a strange and basically have them living with a mom they never know.

I think there are better way to resolve this situation

sirmorluk

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
If the daughter is 18 how was she "placed in the custody of the Department of Children and Families". MMM strange.
Glad the mother and children will be able to see each other.
On the other hand these children will be forced to suffer again now that their father is incarcerated. Sad.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
What bothers me is that this is labeled as 'kidnapping'. They were his own kids! There was no court order or anything saying he could not have them. At the most, this should result in a custody dispute, but no way is this kidnapping.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Sorry... what custody? The daughter is 18, the son probably 17. Isn't at least the daughter an adult?

Kidnapping is a serious offense but I don't think the 'kids' will be better off with their father in jail and their mother making them move across the country.

Tyellock

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
what was the wife like 15 years ago, if he was a dead-beat that didn't care about the kids, he would have just left them all behind, as a lot of fathers do

not knowing the whole situation, its hard to judge

facebook is the root of evil, 2 kids lives thrown into turmoil, because of 1 trolling individual

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Oh, and another thing I just noticed... The girl is 18... how do you grant custody over someone who is legally considered an adult?

Status
Not open for further replies.