Kinda confused as to what I'd classify my home theatre setup as

travis2861

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2010
I have 2 Fisher ST-840 towers each has a tweeter, mid and woofer, as well as mirrored audio to the TV speakers if I choose. (Although I'm thinking I should just leave those off.) Would this be considered a 2.0 setup or something more specific. The Application I'm using is asking and I'd like to fine tune it. (2.0, 2.1 etc)

Solution
I think it would still be classed as 2.0, but the speakers are 'full range'. I'm making a wild guess it's Kodi or Plex you are configuring, in which case I would leave that setting at 2.0 and go into your windows speaker config and there is an option to set it to 2.0 full range. So basically specifying that the two speakers are handling base, treble and mid.

Poprin

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
I think it would still be classed as 2.0, but the speakers are 'full range'. I'm making a wild guess it's Kodi or Plex you are configuring, in which case I would leave that setting at 2.0 and go into your windows speaker config and there is an option to set it to 2.0 full range. So basically specifying that the two speakers are handling base, treble and mid.

Solution

travis2861

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2010

Yup it's kodi your basically a life saver as the chart they have on Wikipedia for the classifications isn't exactly user friendly even for a comp sci majors standards.

Poprin

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012

No worries, was literally fiddling with this settings in Plex two nights ago :pt1cable: