Solved! Kindle problems on going

Jan 31, 2019
Every so often my kindle says I am not connected to the internet, but my computer works fine so I am. What's the problem with the kindle

Solution
It may not be something wrong with the device. It actually could just be more sensitive to changes in your internet.

Some devices will drop connection as soon as there is a problem with said connection, while others will take a while. When this is the situation, then the first device will seem like it is always losing connection and the second one, since it takes a while for it to show this issue, may well not ever really show it due to the connection issue resolving before it would be noticed by the second device. Making it seem like it has no problems and the other one does. However, in most cases, it is the ISP that is the problem.

Try monitoring your connection and speed. Not just checking it a couple times but monitoring it over...
It may not be something wrong with the device. It actually could just be more sensitive to changes in your internet.

Some devices will drop connection as soon as there is a problem with said connection, while others will take a while. When this is the situation, then the first device will seem like it is always losing connection and the second one, since it takes a while for it to show this issue, may well not ever really show it due to the connection issue resolving before it would be noticed by the second device. Making it seem like it has no problems and the other one does. However, in most cases, it is the ISP that is the problem.

Try monitoring your connection and speed. Not just checking it a couple times but monitoring it over a period of time. This will let you check if the device is losing connection when the internet connection is acting up. If that does in deed turn out to be the problem, then contact your ISP about it.

Should that not be the issue, then you may want to try rebooting (turning it off and back on) the modem/router and see if that resolves it.

Solution