Kindle Rooting Help 2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Selyra

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
I posted a thread asking for help on the wrong forum, it seems, so I was told to repost here. Original post:

I've got a Kindle Fire here that I'm trying to root, and I've looked around online for ways to do that. I've found plenty of guides, but either they simply don't work or they appear to be referring to a device different than the one I'm using.

It's rather perplexing, as they say they are guides on how to root a kindle fire, but the directions don't match up with my device. I was hoping someone would be able to walk me through rooting my device. The problem is that my device seems to be highly unusual or uncommon. I'm not sure how better to describe it.

One guide said to go into the settings and tap the serial number 6 or so times as one of the steps, but that doesn't work for my device. Another guide refers to a desktop, but my device doesn't have a desktop that I can access.

I'm really not sure what kind of tablet I have here, but I've never seen anything like it. I'm good with laptops, but not mobile devices. Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Selyra

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016

If it's in the settings anywhere, I can't find it.

Selyra

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016

Thank you for all the help and advice, regardless, I appreciate it. I'm hoping we'll get some more help here as well.

Selyra

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
It's been about a week since I last posted, and it doesn't look like I've gotten any new replies. To summarize the issue, I'm trying to root my old Kindle Fire, but all the guides I look up don't actually work. It seems my particular Kindle is a special case, and I'd like it if someone could walk me through how to do it.

For the purpose of aiding troubleshooting, tapping the serial number 6-7 times doesn't work, my laptop can't recognize the device, and 'USB debugging' doesn't seem to be in the settings anywhere.