Kinect May Do 640x480 in Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrobstur

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
im thinking about getting a konnect for my gf and son, want kinectimals manly for my 23 month year old to see if he can intereact with the animals

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Yay! Another device that was officially gimped at launch rather than getting it working properly first. Personally I would rather they do something about the latency

abswindows7

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
We might consider clicking your douche bad links but it's screws up the comment section so bad with all those line skipped that I'd rather lose my time writing this text than encouraging your stupid behavior.
Please, if you were planning at anytime to post an other one, just in case we missed the 2 other ones, commit suicide.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]reynod[/nom]Sorry guys ... had to sleep ... spam removed.[/citation]

Your job would be much simpler if the URL's to the known spam sites were simply
blocked from being posted. This way it doesn't matter how many accounts they make.

Now onto the subject. It seems a bit odd that Kinect would be capable of such a update
and they would just now be applying such. With all the money they invested into Kinect
and the time they put into it one would think they would have come out with a product
that they would be content with. Though it is good to see that they actually plan on supporting it and improving upon it.

However one has to wonder how much life does the 360 have in it? Being released back in 2005 leaves it quite aged. By now we normally would already have another console generation out.

HappyBB

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
Wow, I don't know that Kinet is that hot! I thought it's just another gimmick. Looks like I underestimate its potential. Moreover, it may be better than Nintendo's devices!

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
HOLY shit yes!!! I wanted an update soon but didn't know that this is what it would or could entail.
I am excite :D
Only problem they mentioned that I happen to agree with is since that it's 4 times as accurate, 4 times as much the data load, it could theoretically cause a performance slowdown. Maybe MS could still make this possible, or perhaps release a more powerful version of the 360.
As with the increased accuracy and subsequent data loads at that, the applications for this would be furthered even more. More accurate tracking = better real-world applications for Kinect.
As for all the PS3 move-ers (whatever you want to call them) this is definitely a punch for them. Now before you haters begin hatin', I HAVE used the Move and I simply, as a personal preference, like Kinect better. The wii got old pretty quick, and regardless of the fact that it's a completely different system, completely different manufacturer, it just feels like a better, more tactile version of the wii, plus a camera. But that's just me.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]husker[/nom]Shouldn't you have invented it?[/citation]
It's up to Microsoft to do these things.
And yeah, they really should have, but they probably wanted to gather system information over live for bugs and data, etc. to see how the systems and devices were performing. They're now probably looking at how they could (are apparently are) improving the sensor, hence this article.

squidz66

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
[citation][nom]rrobstur[/nom]im thinking about getting a konnect for my gf and son, want kinectimals manly for my 23 month year old to see if he can intereact with the animals[/citation]

Are you FU*%!NG kiding??? Take him outside.

G

[citation][nom]rrobstur[/nom]im thinking about getting a konnect for my gf and son, want kinectimals manly for my 23 month year old to see if he can intereact with the animals[/citation]

And a new meme is born

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
320x240 and 16mb/s? that's like sending the data Raw through the connection.
They better think of compression, but in any case, a larger resolution would result in a larger latency.

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]feeddagoat[/nom]Yay! Another device that was officially gimped at launch rather than getting it working properly first. Personally I would rather they do something about the latency[/citation]

Wouldn't pushing this update essentially be what you're asking for? I would figure upping the resolution and allowing it to use more bandwidth, would cut down on the latency. I could be wrong however, I've certainly stuck my foot in my mouth enough times over the years. :)

G

gotta laugh at the sony dude, because the move really can track finger moments too, lol

awood28211

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
I'm sure that even if it's enabled only applications that require a higher resolution would indeed use it... There would be no need for higher resolution for games like kinectimals, dance central, joy ride... but if there were say... educational games... where a cartoon character instructed a toddler to hold up 4 fingers then it might want the higher rez to be able to count them... or better resolution to have the toddler show the cube instead of the ball... or whatever...

Status
Not open for further replies.