Kinect May Support PC Games After All

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Microsoft is just being lazy, they see the hacking community doing what they would have to pay developers to do, as soon as someone makes a commercially viable product microsoft will buy them and Blamo! Kinect PC is born...

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Is it me or am I the only one that doesn't mind just parking there behind in a chair and playing games... I don't want to have to flail my arms and legs around to make movement on a screen. Because usually the movements the characters are doing are moves or stuff I would never (or nobody would ever be able to) be able to do, or want to try because I would probably end up dead lol. Even with the Wii I still sit on my butt playing the games from my couch, I never look like the idiots in the comercials lol. My 2 cents

hardcore_gamer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
[citation][nom]ScoobyJooby-Jew[/nom]Most people probably can't support it hardware wise. There's still a massive number of computers out there with p4 and Win XP[/citation]

Most of the 'gaming PCs' can support it

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
It sounds to me as though the Microsoft software developers either can't, or don't want to create software for the PC platform, so they're going to buy the software from whichever "hacker" makes the best...or steal it.

sithtis

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2008
I prefer the Razer and Sixense approach, which is, imo, the best motion you will find. Its gonna be crazy!!

have a look on the razor site under product, licensed product, motion sensor

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
[citation][nom]steiner666[/nom]If M$ doesnt hurry up and release official PC support for it, its only a matter of time before someone else does i think.[/citation]

Why would that be a problem? Microsoft would sue them for every dime they had. Only they can license it's use.

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
So Microsoft might actually treat they're original home that made them what htey are to day...without PC's and PC gaming...MS would have never been able to step in the console arena..Guess they care about us after all...*rolls eyes* ..well ur supposed to think the best of people...so maybe they do care..but they feel we dont care about them since a lot of us like to pirate.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
This is what every MMO should incorporate. Get people up off their fat butts and exercising. You want to tank? Be ready to shake your booty. The main reason I quite playing MMOs was because they were making me fat. If I was forced to jump around and fight it would keep me in better shape and I'd start playing them again.

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
if you mount lenses on both the cameras and sensors to condense them and make them focus much closer to the pc monitor, with software calibration and all that won't it be able to have closer range, and a much higher resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.