Klipsch Reference RC-52 II v Definitive Technology ProCenter 1000

CCockrell

Estimable
Mar 16, 2015
Just seen a lot of people saying they have the Definitive Tech, and wasnt sure if there was a big difference between these two center channel speakers.

I tried my Klipsch quintet center channel in my 7.1 and after tinkering with it, found it to be a huge upgrade over the Bose VCS-10, so I know that i would like to make a move in this department.

Also if anyone has any experience with the Quintet speakers, if there is a big difference between the center channel in that set as opposed to the RC-52 II

Solution
Usually mixing brands of speakers is not good. The timbre is not consistent. The optimum system has X (5 or 7) of the exact same speaker in all positions. As sounds are steered among the speakers the timbre doesn't change. Since there are physical limitations of speakers, manufacturers make families of speakers to match the timbre as closely as possible.

My personal system uses Paradigm speakers.

kanewolf

Judicious
Usually mixing brands of speakers is not good. The timbre is not consistent. The optimum system has X (5 or 7) of the exact same speaker in all positions. As sounds are steered among the speakers the timbre doesn't change. Since there are physical limitations of speakers, manufacturers make families of speakers to match the timbre as closely as possible.

My personal system uses Paradigm speakers.

Solution

CCockrell

Estimable
Mar 16, 2015

I understand that, but there is a reason that bose discontinued the VCS-10. It really is garbage. It is muffled and does not sound like it was meant to handle what the 301's can put out. The problem with my system is is that my fronts and sides are stereo speakers, being used differently than they were made for. The center channel isn't really part of their family of speakers that i have, but just have the same manufacturer. Eventually i plan on moving on to Klipsch ref 42 7.1 over time. I just cant shell out 1300.00 today, and know that until then i need to upgrade what most believe is the most important speaker of the group.

kanewolf

Judicious
Many people don't understand WHY speaker systems are sold as systems. If I underestimated your understanding, I apologize. First response in any thread is a level setting process. I have no specific info on the speakers you are inquiring about.

CCockrell

Estimable
Mar 16, 2015

No need to apologize in the slightest. I love the way my system sounds as is, but know there is better stuff out there. Bose (to me) isnt as bad as people make it out to be, but most complaints about the VCS-10 are spot on. Some people might be using it with 161's and might not notice the difference, but with the 301's the difference is noticeable. Maybe if they made a better center channel to go with the 201/301's instead of scrapping their center channel altogether.

If i could afford to buy the entire set i plan on buying today instead of just buying a center to hold me over i would. just trying to optimize what i have already without breaking the bank