Kmart, Sears Offering Streaming Movie Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Why, there are already a host of online places to rent movies, Amazon, Sony others.Who needs Sear or K-Mart?

walt526

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Yeah, good luck with that. The only people that I know who shop at KMart or Sears are retirees like my grandmothers, not exactly the target demographic for an online service.

IFLATLINEI

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
LMFAO!!!!! As an Ex Sears Employee I can tell you everything they touch they F$%# Up! It wasnt that long ago they owned all sorts of markets. They once had a 90% share of the battery market with the Die Hard brand, Craftsmen Tools and Lawn equipment dominated, Appliances were a given, and Lands End was a success until Sears bought them up. Now the once great retailer is now just a hole in the wall.

dl100

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
One of these days, maybe, these dumb ass execs that run these services will realize that to most people money talks, especially in a recession. Why the hell would we pay you $4.99 for a renatl when most of us have a RedBox near us and we can rent the same damn thing for a buck. Now I'll give them bonus points for the conveinence factor, but it's not $3.99 worth of convenience factor. So a $1.25 for a one night rental/stream seems reasonable to me, especially after I open up my wallet to my high-speed service provider each month and factor that cost into your convenient delivery method.

extremepcs

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
[citation][nom]dl100[/nom]Why the hell would we pay you $4.99 for a renatl when most of us have a RedBox near us and we can rent the same damn thing for a buck. [/citation]

I agree. Comcast even has the stones (in my area at least) to charge an extra dollar just to watch on demand movies in HD.

ram1009

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2007
These brick & morter companies are in their death throws. They're all grasping at any straw to make a buck. I'm afraid their boat has sailed.

G

To watch free movies online there's a simple way: ViewCave! It's in alpha and with hundreds of titles coming very soon. Content can be viewed internationally through any internet connected device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
Marshall Honorof Streaming Video & TVs 6
Marshall Honorof Streaming Video & TVs 14
seancaptain Streaming Video & TVs 4
seancaptain Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 0
G Streaming Video & TVs 0