Kraken Pro's mic stopped working

joshhl619

Estimable
Jan 3, 2015
I have a problem. My headset's (Kraken Pro) mic has stopped working all of a sudden. A couple of days ago it was working fine but today it doesn't work with my audio driver (Realtek HD Audio). I am using the ASUS Q500A laptop.The program recognizes that the headset is plugged into my mic and audio input jacks but the mic isn't working. I have also tried unplugging and plugging back in, as well as plugging the headset into a different computer and it worked fine so I know it is not the headset. I had this same problem before and during those time, all I had to do was system restore my laptop but this time that didn't work so anybody that has the same problem and had solved it, please help!

Sandstorm3000

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014

I have had this problem in the past, i fixed it by going into the bios and find an option which says something like AC97 or HD Audio. The setting is set to one of those settings. Just take the other available setting and it should work (atleast with my PC)

joshhl619

Estimable
Jan 3, 2015

I tried your method but I couldn't find the HD audio in my bios but thank you for replying.