Question KZ zs10 Pro VS Samson Technologies SR850 for sound quality and durability?

digital_ecologist

Estimable
Sep 26, 2018
Hi, I'm looking for really good sound quality on a budget, I've done some research and got it narrowed down to 2 options, but I don't know enough to pick between them.

KZ ZS10 Pro VS Samson Technologies SR850

I know they're very different styles, and that's actually part of my problem, what's going to give me better sound quality, the larger components of the over-ear ones, or the 10 drivers and seal of the in-ear KZs?

I also would be interested to know if either option has an edge in durability. I tried to be careful with my headphones/earbuds, but I find that ridiculous things happen to them to in spite of my best efforts.

Last edited:

digital_ecologist

Estimable
Sep 26, 2018
Thanks, that's helpful, was already being nudged in that direction by some content from Linus tech tips on an unrelated topic about user replaceable parts. You've now made the choice really easy. Thank you!

With the KZs, if I really like the sound, I can upgrade the cable, or even grab their new upgraded Bluetooth adapters if I want. Of course, with the upgrades, it starts to leave budget territory. But I can test them out for a good long while before making any of those choices.

Better than the, compare reviews, purchase, pray, approach you have to take with standard Bluetooth buds. :)

hang-the-9

Titan
Thanks, that's helpful, was already being nudged in that direction by some content from Linus tech tips on an unrelated topic about user replaceable parts. You've now made the choice really easy. Thank you!

With the KZs, if I really like the sound, I can upgrade the cable, or even grab their new upgraded Bluetooth adapters if I want. Of course, with the upgrades, it starts to leave budget territory. But I can test them out for a good long while before making any of those choices.

Better than the, compare reviews, purchase, pray, approach you have to take with standard Bluetooth buds. :)
Changing cables won't really make a difference in the sound, but those IEMs cable is not the best, it tends to tangle pretty easily so replacing it to just have a better cable that stays smooth may be useful, but not to improve audio quality.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS