Labels for Crafts

On-A-Downer

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Hi All,

Bit of a random question I have recently started making and selling handmade teddies, princess dresses, ponchos etc and want to create my own label to sew in. I have seen a video using ribbon and transfer paper (pics on tops etc). My problem is I only have microsoft word or wordpad so each item is a text box or image box, which means I have to individually click the item to rotate 180 degrees, if i group them when they flip over they are not in form and the picture is off center to the words, is there a quicker way to do this? Or is there a program I can get to create the design and label, the width of the ribbon is 25mm thick so the design is more long than it is wide.

Thanks

canadianvice

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
I suspect what you'd want is some sort of program/template from avery - it's designed for their labels, but there's nothing stopping you from just using it on plain paper and doing the cutting yourself.

Alternatively, look into a free desktop publishing application, such as Serif's PagePlus SE (you may need to look around their site for the free version). LibreOffice may also have a desktop publishing app as well. Sadly, MSO doesn't come with Publisher as part of the base package. I've always had access to publisher, so I haven't personally used options like PagePlus, but I recall their Photoplus software being solid enough, and it's a competent free offering.

Another option may be to design the item as an image, and import those into word instead.

On-A-Downer

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Because im using transfer paper anything written has to be flipped over so when you iron the logo onto the desired fabric it shows the correct way. How would I go about creating as a whole image (both text and picture) as one to transfer to Word?

ASK THE COMMUNITY