Solved! Laptop’s main screen doesn’t work but it works using an external screen

estehmami

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017
Well I have A GS72 msi laptop
I opened the laptop and cleaned it
Then i closed it and turned it on and there is nothing on the screen but when i connect it to an external display it works fine. It shows the logo on the external screen when turning on and when i use the windows it shows that the external screen ( my tv) is the main one and there is nothing else
I have tried this solutions but no success
1.I tried pushing the power button without the battery or ac plug in for 30-60 second but no success
2.I have tried opening the laptop again and putting all the hardware back in place but no success
3.I have deleted the graphics drivers and reinstalling no success
3.I have disabling the gnp monitor or something on device manager. No success
4I have tried plugging it in to my tv
And it boots and shows the logo on my tv and everything is okay
So that’s it I don’t know what to do

Solution
If the external monitor works just fine, but the attached display does not, then either the cable that connects the display is loose, the cable is damaged and needs replacing or the attached display needs replacing.

If the device is under warranty, contact the manufacturer. If it isn't, you can either try doing the work yourself, or take it to a local tech.
If the external monitor works just fine, but the attached display does not, then either the cable that connects the display is loose, the cable is damaged and needs replacing or the attached display needs replacing.

If the device is under warranty, contact the manufacturer. If it isn't, you can either try doing the work yourself, or take it to a local tech.

Solution