Laptop advice 2017 URGENT

Frustrated_1

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
So I asked for help yesterday but I was too straightforward and stupid. I'd still like to thank the community for replying.
But here is the detailed version-

Approximate Purchase Date: As soon as I can find the right machine.

Budget Range: 800-1200USD

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Programming, Photoshop CS6, CS:GO, Music production, Reading and researching, GTA V

Are you buying a monitor: I already have a monitor. Not too good but I use it only while programming.

Parts to Upgrade: Ram should be upgradable and there should be space for an SSD if not already installed.

Do you need to buy OS: No preference. I use Windows and Linux both.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: NA

Parts Preferences: I'd like the laptop to have an Intel CPU. Anything with/above i5 and 6th gen

Overclocking: Maybe. Never tried before but some gaming machines come with that feature.

SLI or Crossfire: No idea

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1800 is the choice. Anything below this is out of scope. Anything more would drain battery and power I guess.

Additional Comments: I have a few laptops already selected. Alienware13 and Asus GL502VT . But IDK if the AW13 has space for storage upgrades. Please advice.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I've joined a university and studying Computer Science now. My current machine is an i3, stock GPU HP. And it's not sufficient for my needs. So I need a new laptop and I play on using it for atleast 4 years without any troubles.

Thanx a lot for your help.

shanebell

Estimable
Dec 20, 2015

Your Welcome bro