Laptop Amd A8 vs Intel Pentium

Gwendolyn Flowers

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014
I want something that last and won't burn out. I chose the Amd A8 with 6gb Ram and 750 gb Hard drive over the Intel Pentium 4 gb Ram and 320 Hard drive because i thought it would be a better laptop. Is this true? The latter one is $184 cheaper than the former. Did I make the right decison? I do not do a lot of thing except, windows, candy crush, emails and surfing the web but I do not know what time with bring so I that the Amd A8 would be better for future uses and long life plus hedging the computer technology life span which would keep me from having to purchase another computer in the next three years. Did I make the right decision? They are both HP laptops. They are both smaller size computers as well.

Solution
Depends on the exact model of Pentium. Some Pentiums are scaled-down Core-i series CPUs and still quite good, but some are scaled-up Atom CPUs, and only good for basic use. The hard drive and RAM would probably be easy to upgrade, but the CPU won't be.

jakjawagon

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
Depends on the exact model of Pentium. Some Pentiums are scaled-down Core-i series CPUs and still quite good, but some are scaled-up Atom CPUs, and only good for basic use. The hard drive and RAM would probably be easy to upgrade, but the CPU won't be.

Solution

Gwendolyn Flowers

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014