Zytech

Prominent
Apr 16, 2017
Hello this is my first thread my problem is........

Annoying Sound! :(
My Laptop Is Asus S400C

Last week when i was playing League Of Legends it hangs up and creates some sound... so i have to forced shutdown it and after opening it again it creates that sound when my laptop heats .... i was scared and i thought it might be the Hard Drive or the fan so i stop using it for about a week and today i post this thread and the annoying sound was gone? :??:
My laptop also became slow when it was creating the annoying sound...

What do you think it is? :??: :( :(
Would it come back?
If you are gonna ask me i will answer asap

Thanks....

Solution
It could be the fan making a weird sound if it is not running correctly. The fact that it stopped when you let the laptop cool down for a week makes me think even more that it is an overheating issue.

You may want to install some monitoring software. There are a lot of programs out there, many free, that can keep an eye on the temps as well as the fan speeds. It will give you a better idea of the cause.
It could be the fan making a weird sound if it is not running correctly. The fact that it stopped when you let the laptop cool down for a week makes me think even more that it is an overheating issue.

You may want to install some monitoring software. There are a lot of programs out there, many free, that can keep an eye on the temps as well as the fan speeds. It will give you a better idea of the cause.

Solution

Zytech

Prominent
Apr 16, 2017
Okay Thank you very much! i think its the fan thats causing it because my laptop always overheats but it never creates a sound when it overheat but as of last week it creates some weird sound but ill keep it up if something happens again and ill find some monitoring software. Thanks! :)

Is about time you know what your fan sounds like. Run Prime95, a software to push your laptop, and the fan should go full blast within 1 minute, that's another way to gauge whether your machine can take it. Fire up your smartphone recorder and post the sound. Don't run Prime95 for more than a few minutes, am not responsible for any damage.

Zytech

Prominent
Apr 16, 2017
How can i make sure you aint tricking me because you said that it might damage my laptop

Edit: Ok i use the prime95 and i did some stress test and the fan didnt make a single sound even a single whoosh (idk)

Now why in the world would I have any reason to trick you? Take a look at my profile here for all have done if you are worried. Same goes for jsmithepa. Personally I do this because I like tech and I like to help.

I believe jsmithepa said they aren't responsible for any damage because, as they said, you should only run that program for a minute or so, as to not damage the fan. If you ran the fan for a longer period (say minutes) using that program it would push the fan for to long.

Also, if the fan did nothing when you ran the program that jsmithepa suggested, then to me that makes me more sure the fan is going bad.

Yup, test shows your cooling system, fan, is not doing what it's suppose to be doing, come on hard when laptop is pushed. With many laptops the fan is fused, built-in the heatsink assembly, if this is the case may as well replace the whole thing fan+heatsink and re-paste. If u don't know what you are doing, pay some Pro to do this.