Laptop audio gets lag.

MarcusLurenzo

Estimable
Oct 16, 2014
I have a problem with my laptop audio, it is cracking, lagging, and sometimes it sounds like a slow motion, it occurs even when you hear the sounds during start up of the OS , also when I play videos, music, even the sounds when there is popping message in your taskbar. All the kinds of sounds are affected with this. it get worse when I play music or videos when I opened another application or program.

I think it is because of my RAM, it can't handle to many programs installed, And My hard drive or some kind of virus so I did the following:

I've uninstalled some of my applications that eats a lot of my memory in ram that can affect to lags but nothing change.

I've also deleted some of my files to free up spaces in my hard drive but no change
Also I've scanned my System with my antivirus(avast) to see if theres a virus, it founds viruses so I deleted it, then I restart my laptop but nothing chage.

I'm using Itunes for my mp3 player, VLC for video player, and My OS is Windows XP. the size of my RAM is 1.99gb. I hope these informations help..

Please Help...

Abmario

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014

try update your audio drivers.. go to Device Manager (From the Windows Start Screen, type device manager),
look for like audio controllers. See if you can find this > right click and update.

VirtBox%20-%20Device%20Manager%20no%20Audio%20-%20markup_2.jpg

MarcusLurenzo

Estimable
Oct 16, 2014
I've tried to update it, Under Sound, video and game Controllers these are the devices I've found:

Audio Codecs
Legacy Audio Drivers
Legacy Video Capture Devices
Media Control Devices
Realtek High Definition Audio
Video Codecs

I've tried to update all of it but still the Hardware Update Wizard said" The Wizard cannot find a better match for your hardware than the software you currently have installed ".

Abmario

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
1. What about use the driver installers that came along with laptop? or just make sure you installed the correct audio driver :)
2. Have you tried use different speaker or headset?
3. Monitor your ram usage and see what % is not being used.
4. Monitor your cpu temp, it is probably the cause but just in case.
5. May we know brand and model of your laptop? does it has a dedicated video card in it?