Laptop auto shuts down after cleaning.

Hizami

Estimable
Jan 20, 2016
Hello,

First of all, I am very new here so I apologize in advance if I am doing anything wrong.

Here's my problem; I recently took apart my laptop to get rid of the dust that have been accumulated inside it, then carefully reassembled it. It was my first time doing so, with the help of a tutorial video on YouTube. All seems good, or so I thought. But whenever I try to play games(CS:GO, Dota 2, Borderlands 2), my laptop would shutdown after 30 seconds or so.

My initial thought is overheating, but the fan runs just fine. However, I do feel the heat coming off the bottom of the laptop. Is my fan the problem? Or is it some other factor that is causing the shutdowns?

I really appreciate any help I can get with this.

Specs:
Asus A43S, Windows 7, Intel Core i-5-250M 2.5GHz, Nvidia GeForce 610M, 4GB RAM.

Thank you.

Hi.

When you cleaned the inside of your laptop did you also took the GPU and CPU heat sinks and apply new thermal paste on them? If you didn't, you may need to disassemble your laptop again and apply new thermal paste on them because overheating would be the cause of it shutting down by itself. Also make sure all components are properly seated into each slot. Test the AC adapter as well if it's supplying enough voltage or better yet try another AC adapter that has the same voltage with yours.