Laptop battery failure?

Zeta_3

Prominent
Aug 7, 2017
I've searched the forums and I can't find anything matching my problem. I bought a Toshiba Satellite A665 from Blaire Technology Group, works great as a computer. However, my battery does not work. When I received the computer the battery was installed already. So I plugged it in > Let it charge for an hour > Then I powered it up. Came on just fine, did the set-up process for the computer and activated my windows OS with the key I was given. No problems at all, however I've noticed the battery indicator is empty, and when I hover over it a little message displays "04 min to full charge 0% remaining". I've uninstalled/reinstalled the battery, uninstalled / reinstalled / updated its drivers via Device Manager > Batteries > Microsoft ACPI - Compliant Control Method battery (Uninstall / Reinstall / Update). When I do that the indicator appears to show the upscaling charging effect that indicates the battery is charging in the menu tray, however after a few minutes it returns to being empty and displaying "04 mins to full charge 0% remaining". The laptop will act as if it has no battery when unplugged, and as I stated I cannot find anything that helps me solve this problem. The computer is running Windows 10. I'd like to think I didn't mess anything up inside the computers files, as I am a little tech savvy, however I do know when I am out of my league, and some help would truly be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Jake

Zeta_3

Prominent
Aug 7, 2017

Thank you for your help, I just wanted to make sure before I started that. I'm old fashioned and I like to search for other solutions first before I opt to "get a new one". I appreciate the speedy reply! Have a great day!

Jake