Laptop Battery Not Charging, stuck at 0%

Herc08

Respectable
Aug 6, 2016
Hey guys.

Got a weird one. Dealing with a customer's laptop. I have replaced the battery and AC adapter. The AC adapter works with the battery in, so I know something should getting power. However, the battery is stuck on "plugged in, charging 0%" and not sure what the issue could be. I have reseat the CMOS battery (it's a wire as the battery is in a black sleeve). The customer has a Windows 7 32-bit installed. Also the laptop is a Dell XPS m1330 (pretty old). Any ideas to get the battery working?

Herc08

Respectable
Aug 6, 2016
Well, it's not the wall or the AC adapter. I just bought a brand new AC adapter from dell.com, and now all of the sudden the light on the charger goes out whenever I plug it. Not sure why this is the case. It was just up and running, and out of sudden it dies. I tried to discharge the residue, but that is not working. It gets power from the wall, but as soon as I plug it in, it doesn't work. Tried 6 sockets, and same effect. Tried the old ac adapter, and same effect as well. Any ideas? Please don't say replace the motherboard....