Solved! Laptop battery or hard problem

Jan 15, 2019
Hello
So, i kinda have a problem with my laptop, at least i think i have. When i'm playing games from my SSHD( https://imgur.com/a/O7QSg7I ), i get some frame drops to 0 fps for like 1-2 seconds... It not happens al the time but stil does. I believed the problem was with my cpu or gpu. After that, i tried to instal games on my ssd, nvme samsung 256gb. On ssd, no frame drops, everything normal, but after a while, i saw that when i play games instaled on SSHD, battery is discharging very fast, from 100 to 84 in like an hour. This thing didn't happen in the first week. Also, when i play let's say the same game, but this time from ssd, battery is charging very fast, from 80 to 100 in less than an hour, so faster than disharging while playing from SSHD. Is this normal, this diffrence of power consumption between HDD/SSHD and ssd? i think it might be a problem with SSHD, but i have no ideea why is this big diffrece. I should mention that power options are fine, all settings are ok. Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language..
My laptop is Asus GL703GS-E5011 scar edition

Thanks!

Solution
The SSHD is a mechanical drive with cache. If the cache is full, it reads slower from the disks and will need more power. The SSD is only chip driven and doesn´t need to spin a disk and therefore needs less power.

e.g. a common SSD in idle like 0,03W, a SSHD 4W
under load max. power consumption SSD 4W, SSHD: 6,7W

check your SSHD with its manufacturer tool. Which exact model are you using? Maybe a firmware update is available.
Which Windows version are you using?
The SSHD is a mechanical drive with cache. If the cache is full, it reads slower from the disks and will need more power. The SSD is only chip driven and doesn´t need to spin a disk and therefore needs less power.

e.g. a common SSD in idle like 0,03W, a SSHD 4W
under load max. power consumption SSD 4W, SSHD: 6,7W

check your SSHD with its manufacturer tool. Which exact model are you using? Maybe a firmware update is available.
Which Windows version are you using?

Solution