Question Laptop black screen after changing settings in BIOS - UEFI to Legacy with secure boot on

May 6, 2020
Laptop model: Sony Vaio SVE15128CNB

Changed in BIOS Setting for format HDD:
  • Secure Boot : ON
  • Mode: UEFI to LEGACY
  • Virtualization: Enabled (For run Docker)
Not able to anything on screen so not able to enter in BIOS and change setting.

Everything working fine just before changed this mode UEFI to LEGACY for formatting HDD, just saved with F10 in bios and system restarted, screen is gone blank totally, not able to see any thing on screen.

Tried followed points:
  • Removing CMOS for almost 12+ hours with detachment of every possible part of motherboard, and tried running it after 12-13 hour not get success to see BIOS screen
  • Tried changing HDD to already running SSD previously in the same system
  • Tried with every possible solution turn by turn removing Battery, AC Adapter, and RAM, Display cord, not able to remove graphics card because its on board (AMD Graphics Card)
  • Pressing power button after removing CMOS & AC Adapter, Battery with 5 minutes, also with CMOS & AC Adapter, Battery & RAM, not able to get success.
  • Tried to boot external pendrive of OS but still not getting anything on screen,
Note: Every light of processor, HDD/SSD, Wireless light, Power Adapter light, Back LED of keyboard working perfect, can able to hear small bippy sound from my laptop as usual can able to hear before this issue

Please any one can help me with this, totally stuck with my system and need to wake up this system in CORONA lock down situation, because no support from any repairer or any one.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Roy Ng zw Laptop Tech Support 0
Saif Haq Laptop Tech Support 0
Thanh Hai Nguyen Laptop Tech Support 4
Franznathan Laptop Tech Support 1
battlesqui_d Laptop Tech Support 1
ftothn Laptop Tech Support 5
B Laptop Tech Support 0
Zubinm Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 0