LAPTOP BLACK SCREEN (power + fan OK, HDMI to TV OK, touch screen OK)

jasonfodor

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Hello,

I have a Sony Vaio T-series laptop (model SVT13126CXS) running windows 7. As of yesterday the screen is black...it doesn't display anything.

Laptop powers on (lights are on, fan makes noise, etc.).

I was able to plug an HDMI cable from my laptop to my TV and I am able to use the laptop using my TV screen (laptop screen is still black, but displays on TV works).

And the odd twist... this is a touch screen laptop, so I am able to touch my laptop screen and it makes clicks and moves cursor on my TV. (for some reason, the track pad doesn't work while its on TV display though).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you can give me steps into diagnosing the problem, that'd be great!

I live in a small college town and there is only one computer repair shop and since it's a monopoly he rips people off. Charges $95 for a diagnostic (if you get it fixed, it goes towards the repair; if not, it's $95). Charged my friend $120 for macbook charger and it wasn't even an genuine Apple product!

ffg7

Splendid
as the tv works with laptop then not an onboard videocard problem so must be the screen. I use this place to get screens for my customers' laptops & ipads. http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/Sony/VAIO~SVT13126CXS/
go with the matte finish as less reflections.