lawale4

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017
First time I got a blackscreen on my laptop was the Toshiba Satellite C50B 14D model. I tried many things and managed to fix it temporarily but it went back to black screen again.

Second laptop was the Toshiba Satellite C50D A133 and that one receieved a black screen again. I didn't understand why they kept getting black screen. But I found out that for both laptops, it always happened after a driver update. I used iOrbit driver booster to update my drivers and when I restarted after it had finished updating all the drivers the black screen occurred and both happened on windows 7 as well. It's seriously a problem.

Solution

I managed to fix the problem by reinstalling Windows 7 again using a different ISO and formatting the hard drive. Now the screen works perfectly fine. Previously, I was unable to boot into safe mode because the screen would be black as you turned on the Laptop. I still managed to reinstall Windows 7 that way...

Casper01

Estimable
May 29, 2014
Pop into safemode, roll back the driver, or system restore.
I'm not a fan of these gimmick "driver updaters" for exactly this reason. You have no clue where they got the driver from, and what application it was for. IMO, no real reason to be upgrading drivers unless you're having issues. My advice, use the drivers from Toshiba, or Windows Update or in some cases with video cards, directly from the video card manufacturer.

lawale4

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017

I managed to fix the problem by reinstalling Windows 7 again using a different ISO and formatting the hard drive. Now the screen works perfectly fine. Previously, I was unable to boot into safe mode because the screen would be black as you turned on the Laptop. I still managed to reinstall Windows 7 that way although it was difficult. I don't know if the problem returns if I try to update a driver. Yes, I will try and use the drivers from Toshiba from now on.

Solution