Laptop boots up but screen has no power

Aug 8, 2018
My laptop is a (Medion Erazer X7849/Clevo P670RS-g). Specs: i7-6700hq, GTX 1070, 16GB DDR4 ram, 256GB m.2 ssd(boot drive), and 1tb 7200rpm hdd(storage).

A week or two ago I was using my laptop and decided to boot up Skyrim, a few minutes in (temperatures were normal 60ish degrees Celsius) then suddenly the screen went black as if the laptop was turned off and it beeped multiple times but I could hear the sound of the game still coming through my headset. After this I was forced to do a hard shutdown. I waited a little and turned it back on, the laptop booted up but the screen remained completely powerless.

After waiting a little I entered my password and I could hear the sounds heard when I would normally sign in.

I've tried everything I could find on the internet to no avail. I've removed the battery, power cycled, reseated gpu and cpu heatsink, cmos battery reset, ram replacement, external monitor connection, but nothing works.

I bought it second hand a couple months old off of eBay still under warranty but I believe since then the warranty has gone out. I payed £1300 for this laptop and I can't afford a new one or to replace the motherboard which I believe is the issue or the gpu which will require a motherboard replacement anyway as it is soldered on.

Any advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Try it in this order if you didn't already:
1. Turn off the laptop
2. Plug in external monitor
3. Turn on external monitor
4. Power up laptop

If that doesn't work, then I think it is probably a gpu or mobo issue. Like you said, both of those will probably require a mobo replacement.

shmoochie

Prominent
May 10, 2018
Try it in this order if you didn't already:
1. Turn off the laptop
2. Plug in external monitor
3. Turn on external monitor
4. Power up laptop

If that doesn't work, then I think it is probably a gpu or mobo issue. Like you said, both of those will probably require a mobo replacement.

Solution