Laptop brightness issue

Blox

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2008
So I have a Dell Inspiron 1318 and installed with win7 64bit.

And there is a brightness difference when it is plugged(much higher brightness) and unplugged(lower brightness), I want the brightness to be the same even when i unplug. And i tried to tinker max brightness in the display settings in the control panel to, but it didn't worked. any solutions for this? Thanks in advance!

Blox

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2008
If you mean the brightness bar in control panel below, yes i cranked it all the way up and I copied the settings of the plugged profile to the battery profile, but the 100% of battery is dimmer than the 100% of plugged brightness

geofelt

Distinguished

No, I mean in windows, the control panel/power options/advanced options.

geofelt

Distinguished

You need to drill down, select change plan settings. Then via advanced settings and look at processor power management. The maximum processor state should be 100% when on battery.
Likely, it will show 50% max when on battery.

Blox

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2008
Could it be because i changed my battery since the stock batt died and the replacement was smaller (physically imean and i remember the stock batt has a fan built in it) so it couldnt produce the same? I dont remember if this was happening when iwas still using the stock batt