laptop can't find my home wifi, even though other devices have no problem

floribunda

Estimable
Nov 24, 2015
I've seen several questions and answers about this, but the one I understand (go to "manage devices", uninstall network adapter, click on "update" icon) didn't work at all, and the the one about logging into the router I don't understand -- how do you log into your router?

Current using an ethernet connection (works fine) but I'd like to be able to move around the house! Thanks.

thatmoney

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
1. Your drivers can be found usually on the laptops manufacturers website. Just google your laptops model and should be able to find them. 2. For most home networks to log into your router go to a web browser and "192.168.0.1". You should then by prompted with a welcome screen to your router. 3. However, if that is not the case open a command prompt and type "ipconfig". From there you should see your computers private ip address. If you post a screen shot of it I can determine the correct address to get to your router. 4. Once you get to the welcome screen you should see a prompt for credentials. You can find the default credentials by googling your routers model.

TRENDING THREADS