laptop chipset problem

Hari Velu

Estimable
Feb 7, 2015
i am hari from tamilnadu.i have hcl me laptop given by govt of tamil nadu.my hcl me laptop doesn't have model number.so i cant find solution for it.my laptop have the following trouble.
*my laptop works well when i connect my laptop to external monitor using vga cable.i can't use my laptop display.when turn on.my laptop displays only black screen with blinking eventually for 2 secand.my display is perfect.i have already checked with other laptop.my technician said that its a chipset problem.i don't know its true or not.and also give solution.thanks in advance

Solution
If the model number isn't on a plate or sticker on the bottom of the case, you can usually find it in the battery bay - just remove the battery and look for a sticker in the case underneath it.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're trying to use the laptop monitor and the external monitor at the same time. If you go into Control Panel, look for "Display". In the Display panel, look for "Change display settings" and click on it. In the window that comes up, you should be able to change the setting so that both monitors display graphics.

volcanoscout

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
If the model number isn't on a plate or sticker on the bottom of the case, you can usually find it in the battery bay - just remove the battery and look for a sticker in the case underneath it.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're trying to use the laptop monitor and the external monitor at the same time. If you go into Control Panel, look for "Display". In the Display panel, look for "Change display settings" and click on it. In the window that comes up, you should be able to change the setting so that both monitors display graphics.

Solution