laptop conecting to home network but not the Internet

terrbare

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017
I have a HP 2009 notebook (laptop). My sister owned it before I got it from her. When she had it she max out her hard drive with only leaving about gb of space left. Well she had issues conecting to the net. So she had someone say I can fix it and he did something to it and he deleted something or took something out but now there isn't anyway to conect. Conecting to the network at home is good and I can other pc's on my network I don't have any discs to reinstall win Vista 32 bit my sister lost all that. I have tired everything thing that I know which is small. So before I go buy a win 7 upgrade disc or put anymore money into it can someone please help. Here are the specs. One more thing when it starts up and when I am at the desktop there is a fatal error saying (invalid or missing resource files in the installation directory. Please reinstall Extender Player). Now the specs. Model HP G60 notebook, os Windows Vista home premium service pack 2, CPU AMD Turin Dual-Core RM-75 2.20 GHz, Ram 3.00 GB, system type 32-bit, GPU NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G. You guys and gals have never let me down. Thank you from DM186

itzzcarter

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017
I think I know the answer to your problem, here is what you have to do; 1. Go to your router and unplug it, count to 10 slowly and plug it back in. 2. Restart your pc, sign in and everything and it should be fixed this happens to me quite often too. If I helped please upvote my post! -Carter

terrbare

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017

Thank you for your response to my problem but I forgot to state that we have two big water cooled gaming pc's, one normal pc, and a Dell laptop. And they all conect to the Internet without any problem. I even made sure all of the other pc's were off. I hope this helps.