Laptop connected to wifi but won't load anything!

Lfinchamwells

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
Hey guys,
I have an HP laptop that is windows 8, it's connected to the wifi and there appears to be no problem. When I restart the laptop it will work fine from anywhere between 5 minutes to an hour but eventually it stops loading pages. The network connection says there is no problem, and all other devices in home are connecting fine. When it stops working properly, it will load the page as "page took too long to load."
I've tried troubleshooting and looking online for similar issues but nothing has solved my problem thus far!
I have a moderate understanding of laptops and technology but not enough to possibly solve this on my own, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much.

Solution
First I would clear out your browsers cache and history. That alone could be slowing it down. Next make sure that the browser itself and any plugins, add-ons, etc., are all up to date. Then you should check the system for any viruses and also malware. Good deep scans for them both.

Should all that not resolve the issue, try the following.

1. Go to "Control Panel".

2. Next go to "Network and Internet" and then "Network and Sharing".

3. Now click on "Manage Wireless Networks".

4. On this screen, remove all wireless connections by "right clicking" on it and select "Remove network" from the drop down menu.

5. After doing this, close the open windows and reboot the computer.

6. Once the computer is fully reloaded, scan for the...
First I would clear out your browsers cache and history. That alone could be slowing it down. Next make sure that the browser itself and any plugins, add-ons, etc., are all up to date. Then you should check the system for any viruses and also malware. Good deep scans for them both.

Should all that not resolve the issue, try the following.

1. Go to "Control Panel".

2. Next go to "Network and Internet" and then "Network and Sharing".

3. Now click on "Manage Wireless Networks".

4. On this screen, remove all wireless connections by "right clicking" on it and select "Remove network" from the drop down menu.

5. After doing this, close the open windows and reboot the computer.

6. Once the computer is fully reloaded, scan for the "Wi-Fi networks".

7. Click on the available network that you want to access and select "connect".

8. It takes a moment, but then you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type in the password and click the "connect" button.

It should now be connected.

NOTE: If this doesn't work, you may want to reset your modem/router, and then once it is fully loaded again, repeat the above steps.

If this doesn't work, test seeing if your laptop will connect via Ethernet. If so, then your WiFi card may be going. You can either look to replace it/have it replaced, or get an external (plugs in via USB) WiFi card.

Solution

ttharp

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016

Okay, so try disabling auto-connect then disconnect. Restart the computer then reconnect.