Laptop CPU/GPU upgrading

Jan 9, 2019
Good day,

I have two questions surrounding my laptop. I know these types of questions have probably been asked a billion times, so I apologize in advance if this is in poor taste on these forums. Also, I am by no means an expert at computer hardware, so I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot with my questions lol

Firstly, I have a Dell Inspiron 5577 and will list its specs:

CPU: i5-7300HQ quad core
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 8GB
Video card: Intel HD Graphics 630 4GB

So to begin, I would like to know if it is possible to upgrade the CPU somewhere down the line. I read that it can depend on the model of CPU itself and how it is attached to the laptop or something, so I was wondering if it would be possible to upgrade with this particular laptop, and if I need to upgrade with a specific CPU, which should I go with and why? If this is impossible to figure out without taking apart the laptop, just disregard everything I am inquiring about and inform me of this fact alone.

Secondly, I would like to know if it is possible to upgrade the video card and GPU. I have been reading that these components are often attached to the CPU, which renders it virtually impossible to upgrade. So if these particular components are not inseparably attached on my laptop and it is possible to change them with others, could you explain it to me which specific products I would have to go with?

Thank you very much in advance and have a great day.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Laptop Tech Support 2
V Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 0
D Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 0